Saturday 12 August 2017

Can I fix it?

Week 6
It turns out no I can't, but it was fun trying...

We moved in to an apartment over four months ago and our lifestyle has changed a fair bit. Apart from being occasional empty nesters we also find ourselves with time on our hands due to less cleaning and less gardening. It's quite liberating!

A dryer came with the unit (wall mounted) but we didn't check it before moving day so it was probably no surprise it didn't work the first time we tried it. No matter - we had a good working dryer from the old house. However it could not be wall mounted so it sits in the kitchen, taking up valuable space, and quiet time (it's a noisy bastard).

So I had a few options:
  1. Put up with the noise
  2. Buy a second hand dryer
  3. Get someone to fix it
  4. Fix it myself
I decided on option 4.
 

I found this great site on how to fix household appliances and I happily pulled apart the dryer following the step by step trouble-shooting instructions. Halfway through my investigation, hubby joined in (thank goodness) and we think we've found the cause - the door switch! However, we don't have the right equipment to fix it and I'm not about to rush out and buy it 😉. So I rang the repair man and left a message telling him what I thought was wrong with my dryer. Next week we shall find out if I was right!

While not being successful in the fix it department, I was happy to use some second-hand kitchen equipment to while away the rest of my weekend.

I love whipping up juices, thanks to this sturdy beast my sister-in-law gave to us second hand a few years ago. It's around 20 years old and still works a treat. The bottle holding my juice I picked up from Berry Waste Depot about a year ago. It has a great 'buy back' centre where you can pick up some unloved items to reuse or repurpose.

The green juice is a fav recipe from my PT Chris (Square One Fitness - you guys are legends!) and gives you a real boost of energy when needed. Throw in a green apple, celery, lemon, cucumber and if you like extra punch, a handful of kale or spinach leaves.


I'm enjoying it in a travel glass/mug that was included in our garage sale when we moved. No-one wanted it so I adopted it and found it a very useful item indeed, especially when taking my juice to work after an early morning training session.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two months in and going strong

It's been a busy couple of weeks and I'm pleased to say we got the dryer fixed. It wasn't the door mechanism as I thought - it w...