Saturday 26 August 2017

Two months in and going strong

It's been a busy couple of weeks and I'm pleased to say we got the dryer fixed. It wasn't the door mechanism as I thought - it was the sneaky (flux) capacitor! I am pleased to say I now have a working dryer and I saved all sorts of resources by not buying a new one. The next step is to find a second-hand clothes horse so I can reduce the amount of energy wasted on using the dryer.









I had a lovely time at my niece Isla's ninth birthday party. Her gift was a hooded scarf that I knitted. I downloaded the pattern from the internet, used beautiful Icelandic wool Eliza had brought back for me and made do with the wrong sized needles. I finished the scarf off with buttons from an unused vest. I was very happy with the result as was Isla!










This week I headed off to the ACAud Congress in Adelaide. It was a great few days learning lots about new hearing device technology and all things in the land of ears. I had some spare time and had a wander down Rundle Mall. It was quite liberating knowing I wasn't going to be succumbed into buying anything unnecessary.





One third of the way through my 'six months to freedom' adventure and so far all challenges met! I've bought nothing new and I'm learning lots about myself and how I can continue to help the environment. Forward on to the half way mark ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two months in and going strong

It's been a busy couple of weeks and I'm pleased to say we got the dryer fixed. It wasn't the door mechanism as I thought - it w...